Implementing the Everyday Donor Strategy
- Work with the Communications Team and Fundraising Team members to support the development of high-quality information and materials to implement and help meet the revenue targets of the Everyday Donor Strategy.
- Support the execution of mass outreach, public appeals, campaigns and a calendar of events.
- Respond to inquiries from community groups, churches, colleges, schools and companies.
- Support online and offline giving by providing materials and managing third party fundraising platforms (JustGiving, Facebook, GoFundMe, etc.).
- Respond to initial requests for Cause-Related Marketing partnerships and support the Manager of Corporate Relations with ongoing stewardship of US-based CRM partners as needed.
- Process all donations received in the mail, including checks, according to the Fundraising Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Collaborate with the Development Database Officer to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Support Development Database Officer, including entry of third-party donations, wire transfers and website donation review, as needed.
Donor Engagement and Administrative Support
- Act as the first point of contact for CAMFED USA, answering phones, responding promptly to emails from donors, and inquires received through social media (in coordination with the Digital Communications team), including managing complaints within best practice guidelines.
- Improve donor retention through the recommitment of recently lapsed gifts.
- Execute donor-related tasks in our Salesforce database, ensuring that records are accurate; producing reports for donor cultivation and retention; undertaking campaign management (research, analysis, campaign creation).
- Support the US Major Donor team by completing capacity ratings, prospect research, meeting preparation and other activities as needed.
- Provide general administration support to the team such as completing purchase order forms, digital filing, obtaining quotes, coordinating with printers, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, supporting event logistics, inputting call reports to donor records in Salesforce, and handling outgoing mail.
Support of the Executive Director
- Give presentations and informational interviews to community groups as requested.
- Support with administrative tasks, as needed.
Professional experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four–year College or university; 3-5 years related experience in non–profit or educational setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar development database platforms.
- Excellent working knowledge of databases and Google Suite would be advantageous, although training will be given.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Commitment and passion for CAMFED’s values, mission and vision.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and detail oriented.
- Team player; able to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment.
Position open immediately.
As soon as possible or until the position is filled, please:
- Email the following to [email protected]: resume and cover letter.
- In the document title of each attachment, please include your first initial and last name.
- Reference ‘Donor Engagement Officer’ in the subject line of your email.
- We will contact successful candidates for interviews; please do not call.