Title: Manager, Donor Engagement
Reporting to: Director of Development – CAMFED USA
CAMFED (Campaign for Female Education) is an international non-profit organization tackling poverty and inequality by supporting marginalized girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to step up as leaders of change. Since 1993, CAMFED’s innovative education programmes in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania and Malawi have directly supported more than 5 million students to attend primary and secondary school.
CAMFED USA Foundation is a key member of the global CAMFED consortium. With CAMFED’s growing public profile and high level support in the US, and increased recognition of the issues on which CAMFED is focused, we have an important opportunity to build our US supporter base and unleash a new wave of opportunity for girls and young women in Africa.
With the aim of significantly growing the income from individuals and organizations in the US, the Manager, Donor Engagement will focus on a portfolio of donors, as well as fundraising administration and donor experience in the United States. They will help execute an ambitious Development strategy led by the Director of Development, as well as execute a Donor Engagement strategy in support of CAMFED’s mission. The Manager, Donor Engagement is a key member of CAMFED’s global development team, collaborating with CAMFED development team members and CAMFED staff internationally.
The Manager, Donor Engagement will manage a portfolio focused on fundraising from individual donors in the US, with an emphasis on the East Coast. This includes:
• Proactively manage relationships with approximately 30-50 donors capable of making gifts between $5,000 and $50,000.
• Provide the Director of Development and the fundraising team with reporting and analytics to inform cultivation and stewardship strategy development, and progress against team targets and KPIs.
• Represent CAMFED with audiences in the cultivation of donor opportunities and relationships.
• Work with development team members globally to coordinate and align with activities and outreach in other markets to increase engagement and develop CAMFED’s donor base in the US.
• Articulate CAMFED’s model and innovations in a bold and compelling way to secure new funding and support from current and prospective US donors, including through the adaptation and personalization of existing collateral material for the US donor audience.
• Become fully informed on CAMFED’s activities to approach prospects with funding opportunities that will resonate strongly with them while also being consistent with the organization’s strategic priorities.
• Throughout the US gifts program, be responsible for compliance with all relevant fundraising codes of conduct and best practices and ensure tax efficient giving is maximized and solicited appropriately.
• Stay abreast of changes in the external environment to position CAMFED ahead of funding trends, and where relevant recommend changes to priorities and/or course direction.
• Coordinate with the Director of Development and the communications team and partners to meet fundraising objectives, including through the annual year end appeal.
Fundraising Administration and Donor Experience
The Manager, Donor Engagement will manage a team focused on donor centric fundraising, administration and the engagement of US donors. This includes:
• Oversee the processing of all gifts received in the United States.
• Manage the Salesforce database to ensure integrity of donor records and data accuracy.
• Oversee gift acknowledgments including tax receipts, thanking of donors, providing annual giving summaries.
• Be a resource for donor inquiries via the phone and email; manage complaints within best practice guidelines.
• Support the execution of mass outreach, public appeals, campaigns and a calendar of events
Overall Deliverables and Goals
• Support the CAMFED USA development team in meeting annual revenue goals, including leading on 5-10 solicitations with individuals annually.
• Maintain a portfolio of 30-50 donors/prospects.
• Identify and qualify 10 new prospects annually.
• Maintain high levels of contact with priority prospects.
• Identify new audiences and/or segments for growth.
• Coordinate and align with activities and outreach in other markets.
• Ensure the highest standards of donor engagement and experience.
• Maintain and update a clean and accurate donor portfolio, communications and reports in Salesforce.
• Ensure all activity with donors is logged in Salesforce.
• Ensure that the turnaround time for responding to donor emails and gift processing meets Standard Operating Procedure deadlines
• Maximize team collaboration and communication.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
• 5+ years as a successful fundraiser
• Gift fundraising and administration and portfolio management experience
• Must have experience working with Salesforce and Google Suite
• Superior communication skills
• Experience managing staff
• Commitment and passion for CAMFED’s values, mission and vision
• Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills and very detail oriented
• Proactive, curious, able to work to tight deadlines, prioritize tasks and manage multiple workstreams
• Team player; able to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment
CAMFED USA Foundation is committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and Board members. We offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits, and strive to create an inclusive work culture that ensures that all individuals are heard, respected, and supported to do their best work.
CAMFED USA has retained PNP Staffing Group to conduct this search. Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Wade Savitt, Executive Recruiter at [email protected] before August 16th, 2022.