CAMFED Canada is seeking a highly talented and enthusiastic finance and accounting professional.
CAMFED Overview – Why Join the CAMFED Team?
CAMFED Canada is a registered Canadian charity and a member of the global CAMFED (Campaign for Female Education) consortium which internationally recognized as a leader in supporting girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to step up as leaders of change. Working in the poorest rural communities of five sub-Saharan countries: Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, CAMFED has supported a critical mass of educated girls with the high aspirations, confidence, and skills to lead broad social and economic change in their districts in order to eradicate poverty. Since 1993, we have supported over 4.8 million children in school and over 178,000 young women alumnae in the CAMFED Association. Our model works, and we believe in what we do. If you want your work to make an impact on the world, join our team.
In order to measure progress and impact, CAMFED is seeking a highly talented and enthusiastic finance and accounting professional to help build budgets, establish reporting and monitor spend both within the Toronto-based Canadian office and for international projects.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will undertake the day-to-day financial operations with responsibility for financial accounting, planning, management accounting, analysis reporting, regulatory filings and all other related activities as assigned to her/him. The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director, CAMFED Canada and coordinates with the global finance teams in other CAMFED offices in the UK, USA and Africa.
- Take the lead in financial management and day-to-day accounting processes for CAMFED Canada Office, among other things including accounts receivable, accounts payable, income recognition, donation records, bank reconciliations, expense claims, asset management, investments and all other related activities.
- Have primary responsibility for all accounting records, drafting of journal entries, and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Treasury management of funds held in Canada, including international transfers to projects implemented in CAMFED consortium countries
- Have lead involvement in accounting for international projects implemented in CAMFED consortium countries including Ghana, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Monitoring of fixed assets.
- Reviewing overseas expenditure and cash request processing.
- Maintaining of all paper and electronic records.
- Providing consolidated monthly reporting incorporating information received from international partners.
- Lead the annual re-budgeting process.
- Review and submit financial reports to donor partners.
- Ensure compliance with contract provisions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and management information for CAMFED Canada Executive team and the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare CAMFED Canada’s annual budget, co-ordinating with departmental budget holders and monitoring budget performance during the year.
- Carry out month, quarter and year end procedures and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and reports
- Ensure procurement standards are adhered to and documentation is complete.
- Lead the yearend audit preparation, process and completion.
- Compile and file the annual T3010 Charity Return
- Compile and file the semi-annual GST and PST (HST) Rebate Returns.
- Prepare and submit any other regulatory filings as required by the law in Canada
- Line manage other staff when assigned.
- Assist in the on-going design and development of CAMFED systems and processes.
- Work with the rest of the global CAMFED finance team and other teams in developing and sustaining good practice.
- Any other duties as defined by the CAMFED Canada Executive Director, the Board and/or Executive Team.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Personal Attributes Required
- Candidates will have a CPA certification.
- Applications should be expert users of MS Excel and have some experience with Salesforce and FinancialForce or equivalent systems.
- Strong technical financial reporting skills are essential.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate high levels of initiative and ownership, effectively managing the delivery of high-quality work.
- Candidates should enjoy working internationally with diverse teams across multiple time zones.
- A keen empathy for international development is essential. CAMFED’s success is driven by our passion to make a difference. Candidates must be able to demonstrate alignment with this and respect for our organizational values.
- Applicants must be able currently eligible to work in Canada.
CAMFED Canada offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience together with an excellent benefits package that includes a generous vacation allotment.
By January 28, 2022 please.
- Email the following to [email protected]: resume and cover letter.
- Reference “CAMFED Canada Finance Mgr.” in the subject line of your email.
- In the document title of each attachment, include your first initial and last name.
- We will contact successful candidates for interviews, so please do not call.
- Successful candidates will be asked to complete an assignment to demonstrate relevant skills.