CAMFED envisions a world, in which every child is educated, protected, respected and valued, and grows up to turn the tide of poverty. As the most effective strategy to tackle poverty and inequality, multiplies educational opportunities for girls and empowers young women to become leaders of change. Our focus is on girls and young women in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa. This is where girls face acute disadvantage and where their empowerment will have a transformative impact.
As a Relief District Operations Officer, guided by CAMFED’s organizational policies and procedures, you are responsible for supporting the CDC’s operationalization of the CAMFED Strategic Plan in the designated district. This will include coordinating planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all CAMFED Operations in the designated district towards our core mission: to multiply educational opportunities for marginalized children (especially girls) and to develop the CAMFED Association (CAMA) network as a vehicle for young women’s empowerment.
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the Camfed Child Protection Policy in all district operations
- Administration of outlined support to targeted recipients i.e. clients, alumnae members, schools, communities and committees
- Coordinate support to structure governance and activities i.e. Teacher Mentors, Parent Support Groups, School Based Committees and CAMA Chapters
- Records maintenance for the Camfed operations in the districts these include correspondences within, to and from the district, reports and minutes of activities conducted within the district or involving residents of the district e.g. letters from schools, CAMA, beneficiaries, CDC minutes etc.
- Facilitating the preparation and submission to National Office of budgets, expenditures and financial statements on Camfed operations in the district e.g. for CDC meetings, community outreaches, monitoring trips
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the Camfed Procurement Policy
- Logistical arrangements/support for all district operations in the district
- Supervising any support to volunteers (to include CAMA Guides and interns)
- Coordinating the production, distribution and regular review of a district termly calendar of events
- Production of district monthly operations report against the provided for format
- Participate as a Camfed staff member in provincial, national, regional and International engagements as requested
- Other duties as assigned from time to
How to apply:
Please forward your application to [email protected] by 9am on Wednesday 14 March 2023 or send to CAMFED Zimbabwe, 16 Grasmere Lane, Borrowdale, Harare or by post to P.O. Box 4104, Harare, attaching a detailed CV, names of two contactable referees, certified copies of certificates and National Identification. The subject of the e-mail should clearly state ‘District Operations Officer’. If you do not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.