CAMFED - Girls' Education and Climate Action
Education is our fundamental right and the key to women’s leadership, social justice, economic development, and climate action.
Yet, even before the pandemic, 92% of girls in our rural communities across Africa, never completed secondary school. We know how to solve this.
We are the CAMFED Association, the fastest-growing movement of young women leaders in Africa.
- We’ve lived the hunger and anxiety caused by extreme and unpredictable weather.
- We’ve seen how the climate crisis disproportionately impacts women and pushes more girls out of school.
- So we know what it takes for our communities to thrive, and for girls and young women to be seen and heard.
We are showing that educated women are climate leaders
- building climate-smart livelihoods
- improving resilience to climate shocks
- tackling hunger and early marriage
- keeping girls in school
- shaping local and global policy.
We are determined to support millions more girls to go to school and to grow up to become the next generation of climate leaders.